Banana Chicken Curry Recipe
2 lbs of skinless chicken breast
2 Cans of full fat coconut milk
1-2 tbsp of Curry Powder or Yellow Curry Paste
1 tbsp of ground turmeric
2-3 tbsp of Oil (Olive Oil or Coconut Oil)
3 Garlic Cloves
1 inch of fresh chopped ginger
1 medium onion diced
1 large tomato
1-2 ripe Bananas
As Buz Luhrmann once said: "Read the Directions, Even if you don't Follow them." (This is a very forgiving recipe, so feel free to substitute items, just ensure the chicken is cooked.)
- Heat oil and place garlic, onion, ginger and diced tomato in the hot oil, cook until the onion is opaque. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of ground turmeric.
- Add diced chicken breast cook the chicken just until there is no more pink showing.
- Add the curry powder or paste and mix so the chicken is coated.
- Pour coconut milk over chicken and mix in mashed banana. Allow to simmer for until the sauce thickens a bit usually about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh cilantro if you have it on hand.
- Serve over rice or we served it over buckwheat noodles.