What we do is what we believe in
Loco Bebe is a baby food company that has decided to commit to using regenerative organic agriculture and farming methods that aim to improve the health and vitality of the soil rather than simply producing crops using conventional methods.
We do this by:
- Using organic farming methods to promote biodiversity while avoiding the use of synthetic pesticides and fertilizers.
- The implementation of regenerative agricultural practices such as cover cropping, crop rotation, and integrated pest management.
- Prioritizing the use of locally sourced ingredients to reduce transportation's environmental impact.
- Providing farmers with training and resources to assist them in transitioning to regenerative organic practices.
- Investing in research to promote regenerative organic farming methods.
This makes us not just a “business”, it makes us part of a community that grows and thrives together through better practices that help the environment and local economy in ways that are simply magical. We know all our farmers, we know their families, and we have seen the change we make in our communities and that’s proof enough that being conscious about the agricultural techniques that we use not only benefits us but all the people around us that we call “The Loco Bebe Family”. Even when nobody is seeing you, every action counts! No matter how small.
Our USDA Organic Certification
One of the first things we did was meeting the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) standards for growing and producing organic food. We wanted to be sure that the practices that we were enforcing were good enough to make nurturing and delicious snacks and meals for our babies and all the others that were going to enjoy our product. These regulations are intended to ensure that organic food is produced in a safe and healthy manner for both consumers and the environment.
In case you didn’t know these regulations, here’s the list:
- Physical, mechanical, and biological controls are used to deal with pests, weeds, and diseases instead of synthetic pesticides, fertilizers, and other harmful practices
- Mandatory organic seeds use
- The soil where our crops have been planted has been substance free for more than 3 years before the beginning of the operation.
- Follow strict crop rotation, tillage and cover crops supplemented with animal and crop waste material.
- The use of genetic engineering (GMO), ionizing radiation and sewage sludge is completely prohibited
- Keep meticulous records of all farming practices and inputs used.
- Regular checkups and evaluations by a USDA-approved certifying agent
Why go through all this hassle if there’s “easier” ways of doing it?
We do all this because we care, not because we were told to do so or to pretend that we are something that we are not. Loco Bebe is more than just a business; it is our beliefs, our responsibility to the world, who we want to be, what we want to represent, and what we want our children to fight for and believe in if they so choose.
We are attempting to be the change we wish to see in the world, and we are making progress with the help of those around the world who share our vision.
Subscribe to our newsletter at the bottom of this article and be part of our village to read more content like this and many other topics such as parenting tips, healthy living, DIY projects and more!