Fun Fact Friday-Bug in your Belly?
Why Apple Cider Vinegar?
- chop up a medium organic head of cabbage as fine as possible. The finer it is chopped, the faster it ferments.
- Add 2 tablespoons of mineral salt and stir. At this point you can let the mixture sit and after a while the cabbage will be limp and liquid will have been released from it. An alternative is to "muddle" your cabbage and salt so the cabbage becoming limpefaster and the liquid is released quicker.
- Pack the cabbage into mason jars, packing it tightly so there are no air pockets. Be sure the top of the cabbage is covered by the liquid.
- Leave one inch of head space between the top of the cabbage mixture and the lid.
- The anaerobic ferment takes 4-7 tays, but we usually leave our for 14 days. After the 14 days we place it in the fridge to slow the fermentation down.