Green Papaya Salad
Green Papaya Salad Ingredients
1 small underripe (green) papaya
3 whole large carrots (~180 g), peeled
1 cup (90 g) green cabbage, chopped into bite-size thin pieces
2 plum tomatoes (120 g), halved and cut into thin bite-size pieces
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped (1 Tbsp or 6 g)
2 Tbsp (20 g) dry-roasted salted peanuts, plus more for serving
2 fresh or dried bird's eye chilies (or 1 serrano pepper), thinly sliced (reduce for less heat)
1 heaping Tbsp (15 g) coconut sugar or cane sugar
1 heaping 1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup (60 ml) lime juice
3-4 Tbsp (45-60 ml) fish sauce
- Peel your carrots and green papaya. Deseed the papaya and cut the carrot into to halves to make it easier to work with. Julienne both the carrot and papaya. Place into a mixing bowl.
- Slice cabbage and tomatoes and add to mixing bowl as well.
- In a small food processor, pulse the garlic, peanuts, chilies, sugar and salt together until it is a fine paste.
- Transfer the paste to a small mixing bowl and add lime juice and fish sauce. Whisk to combine, then sample and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Add sauce to vegetables and toss to combine. Lay the salad on a small serving dish and garnish with crushed peanuts and lime wedges.
Mango Papaya Salsa
1 papaya - peeled, seeded and diced
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
1/2 sweet onion, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup fresh papaya
1 scoop vanilla protein powder I used "Less NAKED WHEY"
1 inch piece peeled and chopped fresh turmeric root or a tsp of ground turmeric
1/2 inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled
3 cubes ice, or as desired